Side Dishes and Sauces
Truffle Carrot Risotto
This wonderful Truffle Carrot Risotto pairs beautifully with any main dish, this recipe was expertly crafted by our Executive Chef, Kenny Seliger
Servings: Serves 4 – 6
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, peeled and fine chopped
- 2 cups Carnaroli Rice*
- 2 Tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1 cup White Wine, drinkable sauvignon blanc is a favorite
- 5 cups Carrot Juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh picked thyme leaves, rough chopped
- Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Crème Fraiche, I prefer Sheep Milk by Bellweather Farm
- Fresh Goat Cheese**
- 1 Lemon, grated zest and juice reserved
- 2 each Carrots, Mulitcolor if possible
- 1 cup Small Leaved Salad (Arugula, Mache, Cress, Baby Mustards)
- 2 Tablespoons Black truffle oil, Tartufata, Walnut oil or Extra virgin Olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring the carrot juice to a simmer and reduce the heat to low, the goal is just to keep it hot.
- In a 2.5qt heavy bottom sauté pan, add shallots and olive oil over medium heat, using a wooden spoon to stir 3-5 mins, or until shallots are translucent. Add the rice, stirring until well mixed, then another 2-3 mins to lightly toast the rice. Add vinegar, stirring nonstop until there is no visible liquid. Add white wine and kosher salt, and thyme, stirring until the rice is absorbed about 5 mins.
- At this point, add half of the carrot juice (against conventional wisdom, but your arm will thank you.)
- Stir every couple minutes; as the carrot juice absorbs, add a ladle more at time for 15 mins. Remove from heat. The rice should be opaque, and tender (al dente) yet not chalky in the center of the grain.Stir in the crème fraiche, and season heavily with black pepper. Add half of the goat cheese, keep the other half for garnish. Add squeeze of lemon. Gently heat just to melt the goat cheese. Taste, adding salt or pepper to your liking.