Lunch and Dinner Entrees
Lemon, Tarragon and Shallot Roast Chicken
This Slow-Roasted Lemon, Tarragon and Shallot Roast Chicken is the perfect main dish to gather around, full of deep flavors, this recipe is sure to delight.
Servings: Serves 6 - 8 people
- Whole chicken
- Zest from lemons
- Butter (to rub on chicken)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub the chicken with butter.
- Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the tarragon and zest in and around the chicken.
- Half the lemons and squeeze the juice over the chicken.
- Chop the shallots and scatter them around.
- Bake for one hour.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting.