Egg Dishes and Breakfast Entrees
Tahoma Meadows Tamale Pie
Dick got bored one day and came up with this one. It’s a variation of a recipe that we found for a spinach pie. We like this version much better than the original. We think anything with cheese, chilies and cornbread has to be good.
- 2 eggs
- 2 – 8&1/2 oz. packages Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 small onion, chopped and sautéed
- 4 oz. can cream corn
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 lb. sausage, cooked and drained
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated cheddar, jack, or mixed cheese
- 4 oz. can cream corn or non creamed corn
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- Dash cayenne or Tabasco to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 4 oz. can whole green chilies
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 10” cast iron skillet or baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine all of the crust ingredients together. Spread evenly over bottom of prepared skillet. Pinch cream cheese into spoon size chunks and distribute over crust mixture.
In a large bowl, combine sausage through salt and pepper. Mix well and spread evenly over crust mixture. Garnish top with cheese and whole green chilies.
Bake 35 – 40 minutes until lightly browned and set in middle. Let sit 10 minutes before cutting into portions.
- Omit sausage for a vegetarian version
- Chorizo or pepper jack cheese for a spicier version.