Appetizers, Soups and Salads
This recipe was passed down from Blanche Fuller, Grandmother of the Innkeeper, and is a beloved treat among our quests.
- 2 C fresh pineapple chunked or 16 oz. canned chunk pineapple
- ⅓ C cheddar cheese cubes
- ½ C shredded coconut
- 2 oranges cut into bite size segments
- ½ C orange juice + the drained pineapple juice or 1 C orange juice ( if using fresh pineapple)
- 3 T sugar
- 1 T flour
- 1 egg
1. In a medium bowl mix together the first 4 ingredients.
2. The sauce is made on the stove top. Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and whisk continuously over medium heat till sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
3. Chill sauce. Once chilled add to the fruit mixture and serve in individual pedestal dishes or family style.