Lunch and Dinner Entrees
White Asparagus Wrapped with Smoked Salmon
This is a very refreshing entree. Enjoy it with a glass of your favorite white wine.
Servings: Makes 4 Servings
20 white asparagus spears
4 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
12 cherry tomatoes
8 slices smoked salmon
4 scallion branches, sliced
2 tbsp. parsley
Creamy Vinaigrette: Mix some mustard vinaigrette (one teaspoon of dijon mustard, one tablespoon of red vinegar, olive oil, pepper, and salt) with fresh cream, some lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Peel the asparagus and steam for about 5 to 7 minutes (it is done when the spears are still crunchy but just start to become tender). Immediately transfer the asparagus to a cold dish to cool.
- Place two slices of smoked salmon flat on each plate.
- Lay 5 asparagus on the salmon, add one tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese and wrap the salmon around.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and put 4 half tomatoes per plate with the sliced scallion, on top of your wrap.
- Add 2 tablespoons of creamy vinaigrette and decorate with some parsley.