Side Dishes and Sauces
Simpson House Inn Lemon Curd
Enjoy on your favorite scones!
Servings: Makes 4 Cups
1 cup butter
3 cups sugar
4 whole eggs, plus 12 yolks, beaten together
1/3 c lemon zest, finely grated
1 ½ c lemon juice (approx. 10 lemons)
1. Prepare zest and juice in advance if possible.
2. Bring water to boil in a double boiler.
3. Melt butter and sugar over double boiler stirring occasionally.
4. After butter has melted, add zest and juice. Stir.
5. In separate bowl beat whole eggs and egg yolks together. Add eggs to butter and sugar mixture. Wisk until smooth.
6. Stirring constantly for 10-20 minutes or just until it becomes thick.
7. Pour into container and chill immediately.