Quiet Creek Inn Winter Warmth Cider
Our signature welcome drink, served to guests on cooler days to warm mind, body and hearts alike.
Servings: 6-12 depending on your mug and thirst!
Two bottles filtered apple cider (in a pinch, apple juice will do)
Cloves, ground – 1 tbsp
Cinnamon, ground – 1 tsp
Nutmeg, ground – 2 tsp
Fresh Orange peel – few slices
Fresh Lemon Peel (in a pinch, substitute 2-3 drops of bottled lemon juice concentrate)
- Combine dry spices in a tea sachet (paper, disposable kind), and tie off
- Pour the apple cider into a crockpot or slow cooker, set to high for 2-4 hours.
- Place spice sachet into pot
- Add orange & lemon peels into pot
- Simmer on high until just steaming, then lower temperature to ‘hold’ or ‘warm’. Cider will be piping hot.
- Serve carefully in insulated mugs or cups, Enjoy!