Fruit Specialties, Desserts, Cookies and Bars
Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
1/2 C butter at room temperature
1 C sugar
2 T brewed coffee, cooled
2 tsp peppermint extract
3/4 C flour
1/2 C cocoa powder
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/2 C crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs, coffee and peppermint extract until well mixed.
- In another bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix dry ingredients with wet.
- Fold in half of the crushed peppermint candies.
- Using a spatula, spread batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candies over the top, distributing evenly. Press gently to adhere.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until center is set and edges begin to pull away from the pan.
- Let cool for one hour before slicing.