Fruit Specialties, Desserts, Cookies and Bars
Blue Wing Profiteroles
Servings: 10 cream puffs
The Cream Puffs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup flour
2 tbs unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
The Custard Filling
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbs cornstarch
2 cups milk
3 large eggs
4 tbs melted butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
The Chocolate Sauce
6 oz chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tbs honey
1 tbs espresso or strong coffee
The Cream Puff:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat milk, butter and salt over medium heat until
- Mix in flour with wooden spoon until it forms a dough (approx. 3 min.).
- Place hot mixture in food processor and add eggs until they are incorporated.
- Put mixture in a pastry bag and pipe in mounds 2” wide and 1” high onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 18 min. until golden brown.
The Custard Filling:
- Mix all dry ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, etc.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Place in container and allow to cool.
The Chocolate Sauce:
- Heat cream in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add chips and stir until melted.
- Stir in honey and espresso
- Serve warm.
Assembling the Profiteroles
- Cut cream puffs in half horizontally.
- Fill with custard and replace top half.
- Place two or three on dessert plate.
- Top with chocolate sauce.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and mint sprig.