The Avalon Hotel on Catalina Island
Spring Breezes on Catalina Island at The Avalon Hotel
Spring on Catalina Island can be magical.
An unusually high rainfall this year is sure to bring a super bloom of wildflowers, including lupin, indian paintbrush, poppies, mariposa lilies and bush sunflowers to the interior of the island. Plus the rugged hills will be lush with tall grasses, scrub oaks and flowering cacti as mule deer, Catalina fox and the ever popular American bison roam the pristine, wild interior. Guests can trek into these wildlands via the Trans Catalina Trail (TCT), a guided Jeep Eco Tour or via mountain bike through the help of Bike Catalina.
Or get a unique vantage point from a 2-3 hour sailing charter aboard a 36 foot sailboat with Catalina Adventure Sailing that can cruise up the coast past lush canyons where American bald eagle nest or see pelicans fly in formation as they patrol for bait fish and pods of dolphins, sometimes numbering in the hundreds, will flank the boat and dance an underwater ballet as they surf the bow swell of the boat as it motors up the coast towards the majestic Long Point and keyhole rock.
Or perhaps journey south east towards the east end of the island to sail past a sea lion rookery and past Church Rock just in time to see the sun dip below the distant south Pacific’s horizon while enjoying a glass of wine and light refreshments.
All this can be enjoyed by contacting the helpful innkeepers at The Avalon Hotel who will help put together a custom Spring Breezes on Catalina Package that will include:
• 2 round trip tickets on the Catalina Express cross-channel ferry from 4 ports in Southern CA
• Complimentary taxi from Avalon port to hotel
• 2 night, mid-week stay in one of sumptuous guest rooms decorated in the Craftsman Style
• Extended Continental Breakfast each morning in our private Koi Pond Garden
And for additional charge, concierge can arrange any of following:
• Shuttle to Airport in the Sky and Mountain Bike back past wildflowers through rugged interior hosted by Bike Catalina.
• 2-3 hours boat cruise along sheltered side of island or sunset cruise past east end of island to view open Pacific.
• Private jeep tour of the interior to track down Catalina wildlife, see pristine beaches and coves and seek out the super bloom of wildflowers.
Base package of 2 nights in a Garden View Room with 2 roundtrip ferry tickets starts at $353 per person, excluding excursions, double occupancy required. Balcony View and Ocean View rooms available for upcharge. Described excursions require an extra, per person charge. Inquire at time of booking.
This package is available from March 19th, 2023 to May 12, 2023 and is available by calling one of our helpful innkeepers during desk hours from 8am to 6pm daily at 310-510-7070.
Package is dependent on availability of desired room type and activities which could be affected by weather conditions.