The California Association of Boutique & Breakfast Inns (CABBI) is a nonprofit, member-driven trade association dedicated to promoting the B&B and boutique inn industry in California. Our mission is to encourage members to provide a quality-assured stay that exceeds guests’ expectations. If you’re a bed & breakfast, boutique inn, an aspiring or interim innkeeper, or vendor or supplier to the bed & breakfast and boutique inn segment, and not a member of the California Association of Boutique & Breakfast Inns (CABBI), you’re missing out! Right now, over 400 properties and organizations – your colleagues and your competitors – are taking advantage of terrific benefits that help them everyday.
CABBI Membership Benefits
- CABBI Website Listing on CABBI.com. Only CABBI-certified members are listed on the CABBI website, visited by more than 200,000 visitors annually.
- Free Legal Advice from CABBI Member Legal Advisor Jim Abrams.
- CABBI’s monthly INNsider email provides members with the latest information on CABBI marketing and promotions programs, member benefits, legal updates and more.
- Free Membership to the California Hotel & Lodging Association
- Discounted registration for the annual InnSpire Conference & Marketplace, and all CHLA hosted events, including free monthly webinars. Visit the CHLA events calendar to see what events are coming up.
- Exclusive discounts through our partner vendors, including insurance packages, marketing tools, staff training and office supplies.
- Access to CABBI’s marketing programs, including participation in the “Great Getaways from CABBI” e-newsletter and the CABBI Travel Blog.
Property Membership Criteria
- Display high standards of hospitality and provide a unique lodging experience for all guests.
- Have a business license/use permit/occupancy permit, liability insurance, and pay Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT).
- Display high standards of housekeeping & a well maintained property
- Meet all requirements for guest safety and comfort
- Pass the CABBI Certification inspection
- Display the CABBI logo on the property’s website and link to the CABBI website
- Participate in the CABBI Gift Certificate Program
- Meet all Membership Standards as described in the Membership Standards & Criteria