Coffee Cakes, Scones and Cereals
Beazley House Granola
Heart healthy and absolutely delicious, Beazley House guests LOVE it!
2 Cups of rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup toasted almonds
½ cup toasted pecans
¼ cup sesame seeds
½ cup toasted sunflower seeds
½ cup sweetened, flaked coconut
½ cup dried cherries
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup canola oil (not olive)
½ cup honey
1. Mix the oats, nuts and seeds in large bowl.
2. Measure oil into the measuring cup and swirl it around before pouring into bowl.
3. Measure out the honey in the same unwashed cup. The oil will help the honey exit the cup.
4. Toss everything together until evenly coated and then pour out into a cookie sheet with a lip
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, turning it with a spatula every ten minutes or so. You want everything to be an even golden brown.
6. When it is finished cooking, return the baked granola to the mixing bowl, add the cherries and cranberries and stir to combine. Stir gently several times as it cools, so that it doesn’t clump together.